In this episode, Brian Jones interviews Daniel Piselli, Principal and Director of Sustainability at FXCollaborative, an architecture firm with a strong focus on sustainability and social responsibility.
Daniel’s career path to sustainable architecture began with a love of the outdoors and an awe-inspiring first-grade trip to a hockey rink designed by Eero Saarinen; today, he helps shape the firm’s approach to sustainability both as a practice and as a business. He walks listeners through how his firm implements its commitment to sustainability and offers insights into the future of sustainable design.
- Implementing sustainability practices
- Sustainability challenges presented by large buildings in urban environments
- Collaboration and knowledge-sharing among architecture firms with sustainability groups
- Advice for architecture firms starting to build up their sustainability practice with a sustainability action plan
- Adapting a sustainability plan for your firm’s size and practice areas
- The future of sustainability in the architecture field
Connect with Brian and Patience Jones
Connect with Daniel Piselli